A weak metaphor and pb chocolate chip cookies


 This week I have felt too full of everyone's feelings. I swear half of parenthood is just absorption: big feelings, small fist blows, and spilled milk.  Maybe it is the (welcome) change in seasons, or the onset of the semester and of potty training, but in my sphere of influence many are just having a rough go of it this week. And boy did I hear about it. 

I am grateful for the coveted position of listener. I actually thrive there in some respect, partially because it makes me feel connected and loved. But boy oh boy I need someone to wring me out! The twins were out due to suspected (incorrect) Covid, and I wrote a few days off for what ended up being a lot of relationship-tending. Some of this was beyond rewarding, juicy slow moments with friends and family; some was more like drinking from a beer bong, but not in a fun way.  Maybe it is the equinox getting everyone in a tizzy. 

I need to be preparing test cakes for my brother's wedding next summer, but instead I opted for the OG Joy of Cooking peanut butter cookies that my family always made. I intended it to be something to connect with O, who has had a grumpy week, but decided I needed the end result more than the process. It is amazing how fast cookies come together when you are by yourself :) The key is to severely under bake and let them "set" on the tray. 

Comments

Popular Posts